After the flood, it would be very easy to get the feeling we were alone, that it would be up to us to sort this all out. We could just feel left alone and overwhelmed. But that feeling would not be consistent with Jesus' promises. Jesus said, "I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." (John 14:18) He said, "And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." (Matthew 28:20)
So then, how does Jesus show up? We have had so many examples of Him showing us He is with us through the hands and feet and gifts of His Body, the Church.
• Michael Sprague came to speak with us, encourage us and pray for us.
• Curt and Mary Jo Hencye from Calvary Relief have come to live in Lyons, participate in The River, and work full time, coordinating volunteers.
• Chris McDaniel and Delta Ministries have offered to coordinate volunteer teams coming from all over the country.
• Jezreel International, a Messianic ministry from New York, and Barry Feinman sent a 53 foot truck full of building supplies. Steven Kowalski paid for the truck.
|A massive 53-foot truck was filled with all these building supplies and more!|
• Reach Global, the Evangelical Free Church Disaster Ministry has traveled to be with us, to encourage us and train us.
• A film producing ministry is preparing a video to assist us in getting the word out to other churches across the country.
• Churches all over country have expressed interest in sending volunteer teams.
• Many local congregations have reached out to help us and partner with us in being His hands and feet to our community.
|Hard working, generous and gracious — just a few words |
that describe these amazing young people who volunteer from Ellerslie
More to come! His Word is true and His promises are sure!